Marta and Montserrat had been living in a new home for half a year, when they contacted me..

Sometimes, being at their home, they would have headaches and cough attacks of which they had never previously suffered.


  • A deficiency was detected in the electrical installation: the grounding was not properly connected. Besides being dangerous in case of short-circuiting, it contributed to generate an environmental electric field that occasioned an uncomfortable home.
  • The air contained chemical toxic.
  • The closures and construction materials were vapor-tight and contributed to maintaining high humidity levels, as they did not allow steam from the kitchen and bathroom to go out. High humidity in that environment favored the proliferation of fungi, detected in a culture, and mites, of which droppings were found in the armchairs and mattresses.
  • At the same time, the thermal camera helped identify that the facade was not well insulated. The interior walls were cold and that was also decreasing the comfort.
  • Finally, groundwater crossed the house from side to side, including resting areas on its way.



  • First of all, it was necessary to contact an electrician: the grounding need to be connected.
  • The solution required an analysis of the building envelope materials. A new exterior wall cladding helped regulate humidity and improved thermal comfort. In turn, thermal efficiency was also improved.
  • In addition, chemical emission sources were eliminated and a specific ventilation protocol was proposed to reduce their presence.
  • In regards to groundwater, the proposed action consisted of moving the dining room seats to enable a better rest.



Once all the changes have been made, the house is more comfortable.

The new humidity levels are no longer favourable to the proliferation of fungi and mites. Marta’s respiratory problems are over!


Study of a workplace

One-bedroom studio

Home study